Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What a weekend

I haven't been able to update about my Easter weekend yet because I have been so busy after coming back from Spring Break.

Friday I started off the day preparing to make my first turkey all by myself. I have always helped my mom made it for the Holidays, and I took a cooking class in high and we learned on a tiny chicken. However, trying to manipulate a 25 pound turkey in the smallest kitchen ever was comical to say the least. In the middle of getting it ready I realized I didn't have a roaster... I registered for one but that wasn't going to help me then. Before heading to the store I checked around to see what else I didn't have. I ended up needing to buy a roaster, a meat thermometer and a baster. I guess I should have waited to host this family affair until after we got married. The turkey turned out great and my wonderful father came over to help me carve since I didn't have a proper knife and I had no idea what I was doing.

Saturday became very stressful. I had to make everything else for the massive dinner that I quickly realized I wasn't prepared for. The turkey was done, but cold so it need oven time. I needed to cook a ham, green casserole the stuffing and the mashed potatoes. It didn't occur to me until that morning that I would not have the oven space for all that at the same time. So I decided when I get my dream kitchen I want a double over. :). Eventually it all worked out, both my family and Josh's family came together for our first joint Holiday dinner that I cooked all by myself. I hope that we can make this a tradition because I want to keep my family as close as possible.

Saturday night was an experience I don't think I can put into words. I was full of different emotions from nerve to excitement. I had been waiting for this Mass since August. What I thought was going to be a long two hours flew by. I felt such a sense of peace while Father lay is hands over as I professed my new faith. While taking Communion in this new faith for the first time I felt revived and happier then I have in a long time. On several occasions tears came to my eyes. The amount of support that I received from both my families (even my MD ones) was very comforting. Josh and I talked for a while after Mass about the whole experience not only on Holy Saturday but through all of Holy week. We were very involved with the church that week partly because of my upcoming confirmation. I have always worried that this church we joined would always be my church and St. Casper's were Josh grew up would always be his home. He told this weekend that after the week and being apart of the Mass that night he finally felt at home there. He knew he could love being there and raising our family as much as I did. This meant more to me then anything that happened yet that weekend.

1 comment:

  1. You are a wonderful person and you deserve the best. Sorry about the duplicate gift. We had no idea Grandma had one from her mom, THAT was sweet. I love the rosary, very relaxing. I hope you enjoy them. Love you!

    ReplyDelete